Friday, August 3, 2007

The Longest Commute in the World!

I'll never complain about commuting to San Francisco again. My commute today was 36 hours door-to-door. I left my house in Pleasanton 9:00 p.m. on Wed 8/1 and arrived at my office in Bangalore, India at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight time Friday 8/3.

It's early Saturday morning 8/4 now. I'm working with our team of recruiters that works through the night since they work on US hours. We have 42 people here. Nice people - young people - India's up and coming people. NONE of them practice yoga. I just think that's so funny.

I'll head out at 5:30 a.m. to Arun's house on the other side of town. 6:15 a.m. class and a 7:45 a.m. class. So I'll be practing 6 days a week from 6:15 to 9:00a.m. Class on Sunday is 8:00 to 10:00.

Arun's still in Mendocino until 8/16. That's odd too when you think about it. I'm in India and he's in California.

Arun's wife left last night for a one-month stay in the Himalayas. So Reika will be teaching classes. Reika is one of Arun's teachers. A nice young woman and very good yogini.

I'm here until the 26th of August (three-weeks) so I'll use this blog to keep a journal of my trip and yoga practice.

Hope you're all well.

Namaste - Jim

No comments: