Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The DEEPEST forward folds!

Yes - today we did some of the deepest forward folds I've ever experienced. As I was driving home from class tonight, I realized that it's so hard to share the "experience" of the class - that just describing the poses and the sequences really doesn't give you - the reader - the experience. Therefore, I recommend you just come to my classes when I get back and I can share some of this with you.

Regardless - here are the poses we did in class today:

Uttanasana - Adho Muka Svasana - Padotadasana (then back and forth between those three about three to four times). Then Parsvotanasana. Then Ekapada Pascimotanasana (with one leg in Virasana and one leg forward). Then Krounchasana (three different times and variations - each variation getting deeper). Then Paschimotanasana with a block at the feet holding the block. Then Urdhva Paschimotanasa (on your back). Then Supta Padangusthasana II. Then a few seated twists - and all done!

Lovely class. Great forward folds - very deep. You'll have to experience it.

I'm back on 8/27 - Monday - and I'll be at the 7:15 p.m. class.

Namaste -

Jim
Bangalore, India
8/22 - Wednesday - 9:30 a.m. IST.

No comments: